November 13, 2020 - 11:00am
This meeting does not have a physical location. It is a phone call open to the public.
Call-in via toll-free number: 1-720-279-0026 When prompted, enter guest passcode: 231491
November 13, 2020
The Council meeting will begin at 11:00 AM or upon adjournment of the Ethics Committee.
Note: In accordance with §418.016 of the Texas Government Code, on March 16, 2020, to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by reducing face-to-face contact for government open meetings while maintaining government transparency and government operations Governor Abbott suspended various provisions that require government officials and members of the public to be physically present at a specified meeting location. This temporary suspension will leave important open-meeting protections in place: Members of the public will be entitled to participate and address the governmental body during any telephonic or videoconference meeting when the agenda item for Public Comment is called. On October 7, 2020, Governor Abbott extended the disaster declaration for 30 days.
- Call to order, Chairperson, Dr. Aaron Pierce, LPC, LSOTP- S
- Introduction of members, guests, and staff
- Approval of September 11, 2020 meeting minutes
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Ethics Committee Report
- Discussion and possible action regarding licensure for Javier Lopez, Laura Locke, Krista Wingate, Cristina Lara, Kris White, Gregorie Tunstall, and Mary Elizabeth Roldan-Balboa
- Discussion regarding the Interagency Advisory Committee’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report concerning program operations; customer service accomplishments, inquiries, and challenges; current and/or historical licensee statistics; media, legislative, and stakeholder contacts and concerns; workload processing; special projects assigned to executive director; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the licensure program
- Council Chair Report concerning current challenges and accomplishments; interaction with stakeholders, state officials, and staff; committee appointments and functions; workload of board members; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the board
- Executive Session: Consultation with board attorney pursuant to Texas Government Code §551.071 regarding pending or contemplated litigation or settlement offers.
- Public comment
- Discussion and setting of future meeting dates
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
Action may be taken on any of the above items. The council/committee reserves the right to go into executive session on any agenda item as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the chair. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the council’s/committee’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item. The Chair may establish and announce limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the council/committee. The limitations, if any, may vary from meeting to meeting.
CONTACT: Pamela Adams, Executive Director
Council on Sex Offender Treatment
Phone: 512-834-6605 | Fax: 512-834-6677 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Liane El-Sheikh at 512-231-5721 at least 96 hours prior to the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.