November 12, 2020 - 1:00pm
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
To access the online meeting, register here.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., November 6, 2020
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and Approval of August 2020 Meeting Minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- GETAC Council meeting schedule for 2021
- Committee liaison assignments and reports:
- Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport
- Emergency Medical Services
- EMS Education
- Injury Prevention and Public Education
- EMS Medical Directors
- Trauma Systems
- Regional Advisory Council Chairs
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Cardiac Committee
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership update
- Voluntary Pediatric (facilities) Readiness Program update
- Voluntary Pediatric EMS Readiness Program update
- EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center update
- Update on Pediatric Quality Improvement Collaborative (PRQC)
- Update on Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator Collaborative (PECC)
- Update of efforts in Texas School Districts and other entities by Committee Members for “Stop the Bleed” training
- Update on Child Abuse Screening/Management Tool pilot
- Review status of pending trauma data and reports impacting pediatric outcomes
- Pediatric Committee’s Statement of Purpose
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for pediatric caregivers and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs and potential research that might improve pediatric emergency healthcare in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date
Public Comment: DSHS welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., November 6, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., November 6, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, Department of State Health Services (DSHS), 512-484-8113, or email@example.com.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.