September 16, 2020 - 1:00pm
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who wish to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Call to Order
- Introduction of members and guests
- Approval of March 4, 2020, meeting minutes
- Review of 25 TAC §601.2(b) Cardiovascular system
- Review of 25 TAC §601.2(o) Respiratory system treatments and procedures
- TMDP member selection and appointment process
- Discussion and review of draft TMDP bylaws
- Review of comments received from stakeholders regarding surgical procedures under List A requiring full disclosure and consent; DSHS Stem Cell Rule and informed consent form
- Discussion of 25 TAC §601.2(g) Female genital system treatments and procedures, 25 TAC §601.4(a) Disclosure and Consent Form, and 22 TAC §165.6(f) Texas Medical Board disclosure and consent form to perform an abortion on a unemancipated minor
- Discussion of 25 TAC §601.9(1) Anesthesia and/or Perioperative Pain Management (Analgesia) consent form
- Public Comment
- Announcements and Action items - Next meeting will be Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:00 pm.
The Panel may take action on any agenda item.
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the Texas Medical Disclosure Panel. Members of the public who wish to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. September 14, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council. If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment and information about joining the meeting will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. September 14, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen as well as your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, and, on whose behalf, they are speaking for (if anyone). Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Kayla Cates-Brown, Project Manager II, Advisory Committee Coordination Office, Health and Human Services Commission, at HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us or 512-438-2889.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Kayla Cates-Brown at 512-438-2889 or HHSC_TMDP@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.