2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 11, 2020 - 10:30am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
The Board will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items, as time allows:
- Call to order
- Introductions of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 26, 2020, meeting
- Public Comments
- Committee Reports and Recommendations
- Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium and Waste Committee
- Medical Committee
- Topic Research Committee
- Program Reports
- Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Texas Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission (TLLRWDCC)
- Waste Control Specialists (WCS)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission – Bobby Janecka, State Liaison Officer
- Routine and Continuing Business
- Recognition of Board member’s excused absence from this meeting
- Status of the TRAB Working Group on a new structure for Licensing Fees
- Status of updating the TRAB’s Publications webpage
- Status of Strategic Planning
- Dry cask storage of spent nuclear fuel (WCS)
- New Business
- Election of Officers
- Covid-19 impact on State agencies (DSHS, TCEQ, RRC)
- Preparation of a Strategic Plan for the TRAB
- Continued discussion on alternate TRAB meeting locations and educational opportunities
- Vermont Yankee’s shipment of large reactor components to WCS
- Identification of Agenda Items and/or topics for next or future TRAB or TRAB Committee Meetings
Public Comment: Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on September 10, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on September 10, 2020. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Board members, State staff, and public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Chair: John P. Hageman, email@example.com
Vice-Chair: Timothy Powell firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program, Brian Vamvakias telephone (512) 834-6655: or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the Board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Liz Speights, Department of State Health Services, at (512) 231-5605 or Liz.Speights@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.