2-1-1 Texas is experiencing intermittent technical difficulties. We are aware of the problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.
Find a COVID-19 testing site | COVID-19 vaccine | More COVID-19 information
September 11, 2020 - 9:00am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
TRAB’s Medical Committee will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss, and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following agenda items:
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 26, 2020, TRAB Medical Committee meeting
- Public Comments
- Routine and Continuing Business:
- Update of Covid-19: Activities at DSHS and Medical Facility support services and repairs
- Update of Advisory Committee of Medical Uses of Isotopes (ACMUI) review of NRC 10 CFR 35.390 “Training for use of unsealed byproduct material for which a written directive is required”
- Medical events with Y90 microspheres administration
- Status of Veterinary §289.233 rulemaking changes
- New Business
- Medical Committee Purpose Statement
- §289.226 “Registration of Radiation Machine Use and Services”
- Patient Overdoses with Computed Tomography (CT) scans and radiation dosage
- Use of low dosage radiation in Covid-19 patients
- Identify topics to recommend for further discussion and/or to be addressed at future meetings of the Medical Committee; Topic Committee; Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee; or full Board
- Summarize Committee meeting and recommendations for Committee Report and proposed action items for TRAB.
Public Comment: Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here.
Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on September 10, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment Form. Instructions for providing oral comments will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 pm on September 10, 2020. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and, on whose behalf, they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in an accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Board members, State staff, and public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Chair: Darlene Metter, M.D., email@example.com
Vice Chair: Mark Silberman, M.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program, Brian Vamvakias telephone (512) 834-6655: or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the Board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551.
This meeting is open to the public.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Liz Speights, Department of State Health Services, at (512) 231-5605 or Liz.Speights@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.