August 25, 2020 - 1:00pm
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Join the meeting here. Attendees who wish to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and approval of meeting minutes from July 1, 2020, meeting
- Update: New member appointment process
- Presentation: California Maternal Care Collaborative
- Presentation: Home health initiatives
- Presentation: Community pharmacy enhanced services network
- 2020 Legislative Report
- Workgroup 1: Maternal and newborn care measures
- Workgroup 2: Leveraging multi-payer data
- Workgroup 3: Managed care organization activities to address social drivers (determinants) of health
- Workgroup 4: Advancing alternative payment models in Medicaid
- Workgroup 5: Impact of COVID-19 on value-based initiatives
- Legislative Report planning and timeline
- Public comment
- Action items for staff and/or member follow-up
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Value-Based Payment Quality Improvement Advisory Committee. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., August 20, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment and information about joining the meeting will be emailed to you. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 20, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen as well as your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf they speak (if anyone). Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jimmy Blanton, Director, Health Quality Institute, Health and Human Services Commission, at email@example.com or 512-487-4088.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Blanton at 512-487-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.