August 18, 2020 - 10:00am
Location: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams and can be accessed here. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
The Toxic Substances Coordinating Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Call to order and welcome everyone
- Approval of minutes dated June 30, 2020
- Presenter: Jessica Treviño, USGS – “Zebra Mussels”
- Subcommittee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom workgroup meeting update
- Fish Sampling subcommittee meeting update
- Environmental Health and Toxicology workgroup update
- Agency updates on department policy and/or legislative issues:
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Public comments
- Review of upcoming meetings:
- October 20, 2020 – USGS, 10:00 am; Jessica Treviño, Zebra mussels project.
- December 15, 2020 – DSHS, 10:00 am; Ketki Patel, TBD
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas through the prevention and
control of adverse health effects related to toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulation development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Evelyn Reátegui-Zirena at email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.