Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
August 10, 2020 - 10:00am
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic,
this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
Register for the online meeting here.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 5, 2020
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency HealthcareSystem.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of February 2020 meeting minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- Reports from Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee (AM&SCTC) members assigned to attend other committee meetings
- Update on the Critical Care Transport Capability Matrix
- Progress report from the AM&SCTC Safety Task Force
- Discussion on COVID-19 related response and transport issues
- Progress report from AM&SCTC members assigned to the "Buckle It Up" campaign
- Discussion on how to maximize High Risk Obstetric, Pediatric, and Neonatal resources during a disaster response
- Update from DSHS EMS/Trauma Systems
- Discussion on standardizing response time language for air medical scene responses
- Update on development of a Statement of Purpose for the Air Medical and Specialty Care Transport Committee
- Review of current national legislation and its potential impact on air medical and
specialty care transport in Texas
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve air medical and specialty care transport service provision in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., August 5, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 5, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, Department of State Health Services, 512-484-8113, or email@example.com.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.