Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
August 6, 2020 - 1:30pm
LOCATION: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online virtually using Microsoft Teams only. There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Join the meeting here. Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, introductions, and opening remarks
- Approval of February 6, 2020 minutes (Vote required)
- Behavioral Health Hospitals update
- Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Regulation
- Uncompensated Care (UC)/Disproportionate Share Hospital redistribution
- Uniform Hospital Rate Increase Program
- Delivery System Reform Incentive Program
- Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital Program
- Public health emergency/Enhanced Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (eFMAP) extension
- Medicaid supplemental payment issues
- Expedited Demonstration Year 10 Uncompensated Care payment
- Medicaid funding issues related to Texas hospitals
- Rural Hospital Advisory Committee update
- Upcoming member appointments
- Public comment
- Proposed next meeting: November 5, 2020, at 1:30 p.m.
Public Comment: The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to eligibility, health and medical care services and policies that govern the administration of the Texas Medicaid program. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing Caroline Sunshine no later than 5:00 pm Tuesday, August 4, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or state if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 4, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHSC staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only). Handouts must be emailed to HHSC staff immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Caroline Sunshine, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and CHIP Services Department, 512-428-1948, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Sunshine at 512-428-1948 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.