Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
August 6, 2020 - 9:00am
There is no physical location for this meeting
Due to health precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic,
this meeting will be conducted virtually using Microsoft Teams only.
Click here and register to access the online meeting.
Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 P.M., August 3, 2020.
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and Approval of February 2020, and July 2020, Meeting Minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- Review continuing education requirements from Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Chapter 157 for all levels of EMS personnel, including:
- 157.32 Emergency Medical Services Education Program and Course Approval
- 157.33 Certification
- 157.34 Recertification
- 157.38 Continuing Education
- 157.39 Comprehensive Clinical Management Program Approval
- 157.40 Paramedic Licensure
- 157.43 Course Coordinator Certification
- 157.44 Emergency Medical Services Instructor Certification
- Civilian to Paramedic Pilot Program
- Education and Training Manual Update
- Traffic Incident Management System (TIMS) or equivalent training
- Update on DSHS Skills Requirements, Skills Verification Forms, and Skills Proficiency Evaluation Letter
- Lessons learned and potential opportunities for EMS education programs based on experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve EMS Education in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date
Public Comment: The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Emergency Health Care. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to DSHS by emailing email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m., August 3, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Council.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the registration form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you with the information about joining the meeting. Registration must be completed no later than 5:00 p.m., August 3, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the name of the organization you represent or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, and on whose behalf they are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by DSHS staff to Council members, State staff and for public distribution. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to DSHS immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of DSHS.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Robert Friedrich, Department of State Health Services, 512-484-8113, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Robert Friedrich at 512-484-8113 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.