July 28, 2020 - 9:00am
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only. Join the meeting here.
There is not a physical location for this meeting. Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and approval of meeting minutes from February 25, 2020, meeting
- Update on PCIAC new member appointment process
- Update: Supportive palliative care pilot study required by Health & Safety Code § 142.0003, as adopted by Senate Bill 916, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019)
- Update: Texas palliative care data update
- Update: Continuing Education Event Topic Discussion
- 2020 Workgroup recommendations
- Workgroup 1: Enhancing family caregiver support
- Workgroup 2: Adoption of a Medicaid supportive palliative care benefit
- Workgroup 3: Utilizing telemedicine for supportive palliative care
- Work-Group 4: Amending the language around House Bill 3703, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019), to change requirements for the use of low-THC cannabis for cancer patients
- Workgroup 5: Other considerations for legislative report
- Action items and topics for staff or member follow-up
- Public comment
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to the Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Council. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form here. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 24, 2020. Please include your name and either the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 24, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, either the name of the organization you are representing or that you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name, affiliation, or if they are speaking on their own behalf. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Note: These procedures may be revised at the discretion of HHSC.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jimmy Blanton, Director, Health Quality Institute, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-487-4088, email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Blanton at 512-487-4088 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.