Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
June 23, 2020 - 9:00am
Microsoft Office Teams Live
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams only. To join the meeting, go to https://texashhs.org/BHAC_June2020.
There is not a physical location for this meeting.
Attendees who would like to provide public comment should see the Public Comment section below.
- Welcome, opening remarks, and introductions
- Approval of minutes for November 22, 2019 (vote required)
- Health and Human Services Commission updates
- Behavioral Health Services
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Legislative appropriations request and exceptional items
- Status of recommendations
- Behavioral Health Response to COVID-19
- Disaster response
- Future plans including telehealth
- Family First Prevention Services Act, Pub. Law 115-123, Tit. VII (2018)
- Texas Government Code § 531.0221, as enacted by S.B. 633, 86th Leg., R.S. (2019), All Texas Access Update
- Behavioral Health Advisory Committee infrastructure
- BHAC appointments to the Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services
- Election procedure
- Approval of subcommittee recommendations from the children and youth behavioral health subcommittee (vote required)
- Public comment
- Review of action items and agenda items for August 7, 2020, meeting
- Closing remarks
Public Comment: HHSC welcomes public comments pertaining to topics related to Behavioral Health. Members of the public who would like to provide public comment are asked to complete a Public Comment Form at https://texashhs.org/BHACReg_June2020. Members of the public are encouraged to participate in this process by providing written public comment to HHSC by emailing BHAC@hhsc.state.tx.us no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 19, 2020. Please include your name and the organization you are representing, or if you are speaking as a private citizen. Written comments are limited to three minutes and will be read during the meeting for consideration by the Committee.
If you would like to register to provide oral comments, please mark the correct box on the Public Comment form. Instructions for providing oral comment will be emailed to you. Registration should be completed no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, June 19, 2020. Members of the public may also use the Microsoft Teams Live Event Q&A section to submit a request to provide public comment. The request must contain your name, the organization you are representing or if you are speaking as a private citizen, and your direct phone number.
Public comment is limited to three minutes. Speakers must state their name and on whose behalf are speaking. Public members who are using handouts are asked to provide an electronic copy in accessible pdf format that will be distributed by HHS staff to Council members, State staff, and the public. Handouts are limited to two pages (paper size: 8.5” by 11”, one side only) of documentation. Handouts must be emailed to HHSC immediately after registering and include the name of the person who will be commenting.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Adriana Flores, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 512-380-4303, or Adriana.Flores04@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons who want to attend the meeting and require assistive technology or services should contact Flores at 512-380-4303 or Adriana.Flores04@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.