Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
February 28, 2020 - 10:00am
Texas Penal Code, Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services System, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and Human Services System is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code, Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome and Roll Call - (Ada Booth, M.D., Chair and Stephanie Gutierrez, Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), Advisory Committee Coordination Office)
- Review and Approval of Meeting Minutes from the November 15, 2019 Meeting (PDF) - (Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office)
- Vote for open Medical Examiner Committee Member - (Permanent members of the State Child Fatality Review Committee)
- Children Killed in the Context of Domestic Violence (PDF) - (Amanda Miller, Rural Legal Advocate and Shelly Matthews, Legal and Outreach Coordinator, Family Abuse Center, McLennan County)
- Child Fatality Review Team Finds a Problem (PDF) – Safe Baby Council Finds a Solution - (Patti Shearin, Fetal and Infant Mortality Review/Child Fatality Review Team Coordinator, Tarrant County)
- Suicide Prevention Subcommittee update - (Ada Booth, M.D., Chair)
- Program Updates - (Renee Thompson, DSHS, State Child Fatality Review Team Coordinator)
- Discussion of Future Committee Meeting Topics - (Renee Thompson, Department of State Health Services, State Child Fatality Review Team Coordinator)
- Public Comment - (Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office)
- Adjournment - (Ada Booth, M.D., Chair)
Contact: Renee Thompson, State Child Fatality Review Team Coordinator, DSHS, 512-776-2311 or Renee.Thompson@dshs.texas.gov
The Committee accepts public comments at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Committee must complete a registration form at the sign-in table before the start of the meeting. The Committee observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-776-2311 or Renee.Thompson@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.