Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
February 27, 2020 - 12:00pm
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting. Please e‑mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Task Force Logistical Announcements
- Review and approval of meeting minutes from November 26, 2019
- Review and adoption of Sickle Cell Task Force Bylaws
- Presiding Officer Election
- Adoption of Election Procedure
- Election of Chair
- Agency Overview of Statewide Public Awareness Campaigns
- Texas Syndromic Surveillance (TxS2) System
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Newborn Screening Advisory Committee
- Community Health Workers
- Legislative Report
- Public Comment
- Future agenda items/Next meeting date/Adjournment
The task force may take action on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Aimee Millangue, Newborn Screening Unit, Department of State Health Services, 512‑776‑3386, Aimee.Millangue@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting. Members of the public who wish to speak during the Public Comment period must be physically present.
People with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Aimee Millangue, Newborn Screening Unit, Department of State Health Services, 512‑776‑3386, Aimee.Millangue@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.