February 20, 2020 - 11:30am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission (HHSC) is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at :https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings. Select the tab for the Moreton M-100 Live on the date and time for this meeting.
- Call to Order, Welcome, Chair Remarks, Meeting Logistics and Roll Call - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair, Francesca Kupper, HHSC
- Approval of December 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes* - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
- Update: Revised Zika Guidance - Dr. Emilie Prot, DSHS
- Presentation: Registered Sanitarians in Texas - Rick Garza, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Presentation: Registered Sanitarians in Texas - Greg Wilburn and Davonna Koebrick, DSHS Consumer Protection Program
- Workgroup review of 2018 Recommendations - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair, Francesca Kupper, HHSC
- Public Comment - Francesca Kupper, HHSC
- Adjourn and Thank you - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
* Denotes possible action item
Note: Agenda items are subject to be taken out of order. Presenters may be substituted at the Chair/Vice Chair’s discretion.
The Task Force accepts public testimony at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Task Force must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Task Force observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
For additional information, contact John Simo Villarreal, at 512-776-7436 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact John Simo Villarreal at 512-776-7436 or email@example.com, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.