February 19, 2020 - 1:00pm
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of November 2019 and January 2020 minutes
Introduction of new members
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership update
- Texas Trauma Coordinators Forum (TTCF) Update
- Review and discuss Safe Storage of Firearms Brief
- Update on Trauma Registry report request
- Discussion on development of a Statement of Purpose for the Injury Prevention and Public Education Committee
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve injury prevention and public education efforts in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Future meeting dates
Contact: Robert Friedrich, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or email@example.com, at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.