January 25, 2020 - 8:30am
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. or upon adjournment of the Professional Development Committee Meeting
- Call meeting to order.
- Approve minutes of the October 19, 2019, Rules Committee meeting.
- Discussion and possible action regarding recommendations to the Texas Behavioral Health Council for rules changes:
- concerning amendments to 22 TAC §801.143 related to supervisor requirements.
- regarding clarification of 22 TAC §801.236 that license renewal or late renewal is required while license is on inactive status;
- concerning amendments to 22 TAC §§801.115 and 801.142 related to provisions for applicants who hold a license issued by another jurisdiction;
- regarding amendments to 22 TAC §801.142 related to experience requirement of direct hours to couples or families;
- concerning implementation of Senate Bill 1200, 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019, related to recognition of military spouse’s out-of-state license.
- regarding clarification of 22 TAC §§801.44, 801.91 – 801.94, and 801.261, related to fitness to practice during times of impairment due to physical or mental health or use of medication, drugs or alcohol.
- Discussion and possible action regarding changes to the Board’s Schedule of Sanctions/Aggravating and Mitigating Factors policy (also known as Penalty Matrix).
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Board’s Complaint Review Team policy.
- Public Comment.
- Announcements and comments not requiring committee action, such as statements regarding conferences and other recent or upcoming events.
- Adjourn meeting.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Texas Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Texas Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
Action may be taken on any of the above items. The committee reserves the right to go into executive session on any agenda item as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the committee’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item. The Chair may establish and announce limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the committee. The limitations, if any, may vary from meeting to meeting.
CONTACT: Sarah Faszholz, Interim Executive Director
Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists
(512) 834-6657 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Georgia Norman at 512-231-5716 or Georgia.Norman@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 96 hours prior to the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.