November 8, 2019 - 10:00am
The meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. or upon adjournment of the Ethics Committee.
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Texas Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Texas Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
- Call to order, Chairperson, Dr. Aaron Pierce, LPC, LSOTP- S
- Introduction of members, guests, and staff
- Approval of August 23, 2019 meeting minutes
- Public comment
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Texas Council on Sex Offender Treatment Conference
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Council’s Deregistration Program, including forms, application requirements, deregistration evaluation specialists, deregistration research, and deregistration evaluation protocols pursuant to Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Art. 62.401, et seq
- Discussion regarding the Inter-agency Advisory Committee’s Report
- Discussion and possible action regarding the Ethics Committee Report
- Discussion and possible action regarding licensure for Brian Martin, Carlos Plazos, Heather Shahan, and James Shinder.
- Discussion and possible final action regarding Order Accepting Surrender of License concerning Complaint #1071-19-0001 SS.
- Discussion and possible action regarding adoption of proposed 22 Texas Administrative Code, §810.10, concerning Recognition of Military Spouse’s Out-of-State License. The proposed amendment and call for public comment were published in the October 4, 2019 edition of the Texas Register (44 TexReg 5755) and implement amendments to Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 55 by Senate Bill 1200 of the 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019.
- Executive Director’s Report concerning program operations; customer service accomplishments, inquiries, and challenges; current and/or historical licensee statistics; media, legislative, and stakeholder contacts and concerns; workload processing; special projects assigned to executive director; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the licensure program
- Council Chair Report concerning current challenges and accomplishments; interaction with stakeholders, state officials, and staff; committee appointments and functions; workload of board members; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the board
- Management Report from the Professional Licensing and Certification Unit on organization and staffing issues, program costs and revenue, legislative and media contact, and general information regarding the routine functioning of the unit as it relates to the business of the Council
- Executive Session: Consultation with board attorney pursuant to Texas Government Code, §551.071 regarding pending or contemplated litigation or settlement offers.
- Discussion and setting of future meeting dates
Action may be taken on any of the above items. The council/committee reserves the right to go into executive session on any agenda item as authorized by Texas Government Code, Chapter 551. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the chair. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the council’s/committee’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item. The Chair may establish and announce limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the council/committee. The limitations, if any, may vary from meeting to meeting.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this firstname.lastname@example.org at least 96 hours prior to the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.