October 14, 2019 - 10:00am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Department of State Health Services, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Department of State Health Services is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting. Please e-mail
Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
- Welcome/Call to Order/Introduction of members and staff
- Approval of the minutes for the September 28, 2018 Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee meeting.
- Discussion and recommendations related to Senate Bill 1827 from the 86th Legislative Session, 2019.
- Discussion and recommendations related to House Bill 2243 from the 86th Legislative Session, 2019.
- Discussion and recommendations related to House Bill 1849 from the 86th Legislative Session, 2019.
- Discussion and recommendations related to House Bill 4260 from the 86th Legislative Session, 2019.
- Update from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Discussion related to Senate Bill 66, 84th Legislative Session, 2015.
- Public comment.
The committee may take any action on any agenda item.
Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Anita Wheeler at 512-776-2909 or via email at SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Anita Wheeler, Department of State Health Services, at 512-776-2909 or via email at Anita.Wheeler@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.