October 11, 2019 - 9:00am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and Approval of August 2019 Meeting Minutes
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
Review continuing education requirements from Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Chapter 157 for all levels of EMS personnel, including:
- §157.32 Emergency Medical Services Education Program and Course Approval
- §157.33 Certification
- §157.34 Recertification
- §157.38 Continuing Education
- §157.39 Comprehensive Clinical Management Program Approval
- §157.40 Paramedic Licensure
- §157.43 Course Coordinator Certification
- §157.44 Emergency Medical Services Instructor Certification
- Traffic Incident Management System (TIMS) training
- Civilian to Paramedic Pilot Discussion
- Update on research regarding the effects a degree requirement for Paramedics in Texas would have on EMS systems, to include rural/frontier areas
- Review EMS Skill Verification Sheets and DSHS Skills Proficiency Letter
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve EMS Education in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date - Sunday, November 24, 2019
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347,512-484-8113 or email@example.com
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 72 hours before the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.