September 26, 2019 - 9:00am
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and Approval of June 2019 Meeting Minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
1. Review continuing education requirements from Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Chapter 157 for all levels of EMS personnel, including:
- 157.32 Emergency Medical Services Education Program and Course Approval
- 157.33 Certification
- 157.34 Recertification
- 157.38 Continuing Education
- 157.39 Comprehensive Clinical Management Program Approval
- 157.40 Paramedic Licensure
- 157.43 Course Coordinator Certification
- 157.44 Emergency Medical Services Instructor Certification
2. Traffic Incident Management System (TIMS) training
3. Civilian to Paramedic Pilot Presentation
4. Update on research regarding the effects a degree requirement for Paramedics in Texas would have on EMS systems, to include rural/frontier areas
5. Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
6. Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
7. Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve EMS Education in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date - Sunday, November 24, 2019
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.