September 25, 2019 - 2:30pm
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency HealthcareSystem.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of June 2019 meeting minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- Update from DSHS regarding revision of Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Section 157.133, Requirements for Stroke Facility Designation
- Presentation of Stroke Care Hospital Performance Measures, 2018 Report
- Update from the Transport Bypass Protocol Workgroup
- Update from the Stroke Education Program Workgroup
A. Pediatric stroke continuing education
B. First responder continuing education
C. Face-Arms-Speech-Time “FAST” Program
- Update from the Data Workgroup
A. National EMS Information System (NEMSIS) data points
B. Data requests
C. Hospital performance measures
- Review and discuss adding Advanced Stroke / Thrombectomy Center level of designation
- Report and update from the Texas Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Council
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve stroke care in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date - Saturday, November 23, 2019
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.