Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. Find a testing site. More COVID-19 information. Hurricane Hanna assistance.
September 25, 2019 - 10:30am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency HealthcareSystem.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and Approval of June 2019 Meeting Minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- GETAC pediatric committee meeting schedule for 2019
November 23, 2019, Fort Worth, in conjunction with Texas EMS Conference.
- Committee liaison reports:
A. Air Medical and Specialty Transport
C. EMS Education
D. Injury Prevention and Public Education
E. EMS Medical Directors
G. Trauma Systems
H. Regional Advisory Council chairs
I. Disaster/Emergency Preparedness
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership update
A. Voluntary Pediatric Readiness Program (facilities) update
B. Voluntary EMS Readiness Program update
- EMSC Innovation and Improvement Center update
A. Update on Pediatric Quality Improvement Collaborative (PRQC)
B. Update on Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator Collaborative (PECC)
- Update of efforts in Texas School Districts and other entities by Committee Members for “Stop the Bleed” training
- Update on child abuse screening tool pilot
- Review status of pending trauma data and reports impacting pediatric outcomes
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for pediatric caregivers and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve pediatric emergency healthcare in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date - Saturday, November 23, 2019
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.