September 25, 2019 - 1:00pm
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of June 2019 minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- EMS for Children (EMSC) State Partnership update
- Texas Trauma Coordinators Forum (TTCF) Update
- Texas EMS Trauma and Acute Care Foundation (TETAF) Update
- Update about survey regarding submersion report form
- Update about e-scooter survey to RACs
- Discuss hospital-based violence intervention programs
- Review recommendation from Injury Prevention and Public Education Committee for hospitals to use for dockless scooter injuries
- Review and discussion about upcoming educational opportunities
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve injury prevention and public education efforts in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Future meeting dates
All workday meetings are from 9:00 A.M. until noon.
All quarterly meetings are from 1:00-2:30 P.M.
-October 25, 2019 (workday meeting) – Lubbock
-November 23, 2019 (quarterly meeting) – Fort Worth
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.