September 25, 2019 - 4:00pm
Call to Order/Roll Call
Reading of the GETAC Vision and Mission Statements
A unified, comprehensive, and effective Emergency Healthcare System.
To promote, develop, and advance an accountable, patient-centered Trauma and Emergency Healthcare System.
Review and approval of June 2019 meeting minutes
GETAC Chair comments
Discussion and possible action on the following items:
- Reports from Air Medical & Specialty Transport Committee (AM&SCTC) members assigned to attend other GETAC committee meetings
- Update on the Regional Advisory Councils' response to the AM&SCTC's presentation of the Critical Care Transport Capability Matrix
- Progress report from the Task Force addressing the Safety Capabilities Component of the Critical Care Transport Capability Matrix
- Progress report from AM&SCTC members assigned to the "Buckle Up" campaign (formerly known as the “Don’t be a Clown, Tie it Down" campaign)
- Discussion on how to increase the Specialty Care Component of the AM&SCTC, specifically with regards to High Risk OB and Pediatric/Neonatal
- Update on EMS Transition of Care Task Force
- Discussion, review, and recommendations for initiatives that instill a culture of safety for responders, caregivers, and the public with a focus on operations and safe driving practices
- Review of current national legislation and its potential impact on air medical and specialty care transport in Texas
- Review the GETAC Strategic Plan for the Texas Emergency Healthcare System and determine if any additions, deletions, or corrections are in order
- Initiatives, programs, and potential research that might improve the provision of air medical and specialty care transport service in Texas
General Public Comment
(Comment time may be limited at Chair’s discretion)
Summary of action items for GETAC meeting report
Review and list agenda items for next meeting
Next meeting date - Saturday, November 23, 2019
Contact: Robert Friedrich, RAC Coordinator, Office of EMS/Trauma Systems, Consumer Protection Division, Department of State Health Services, P. O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347, 512-484-8113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Indra Hernandez, Department of State Health Services, at 512-987-0640 or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements may be made.