September 20, 2019 - 8:30am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, a meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this meeting.
TRAB’s Topic Research Committee will convene as posted to hear, consider, discuss and take formal action, as applicable and necessary, on the following
- Call to Order
- Introduction of guests
- Review and, as needed, discuss and take possible action concerning amendment and/or approval of the minutes of the June 28, 2019, TRAB Topic Research Committee meeting
- Routine and Continuing Business
- Update and discussion on the Texas Low Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Facility (TCEQ)
- New Business
- Decommissioning of a Cyclotron (Emery)
- Cesium-137 contamination in Seattle, usefulness for a Dirty Bomb model (Emery)
- Identify any additional topics that need further research to be addressed by the TRAB
- Identify topics to recommend for further discussion and/or to be addressed at future meetings of the Topic Committee, Industrial, Nuclear Power, Uranium, and Waste (INUW) Committee, or full Board
- Public Comments
- Summarize Committee meeting and recommendations for Committee Report and proposed action items for TRAB
At the discretion of the Chair, agenda items may be taken in any order and public comment may be permitted in connection with any agenda item. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the Board’s jurisdiction shall be heard during the Public Comment agenda item.
Chair: Robert Emery or Robert.J.Emery@uth.tmc.edu;
Vice Chair: Darshan Sachde or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control Program, Brian Vamvakias: telephone 512-834-6655; or email Brian.Vamvakias@dshs.texas.gov
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Liz Speights, Department of State Health Services, at 512-231-5605 or Liz.Speights@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.