Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
September 17, 2019 - 10:30am
The Toxic Substances Coordinating Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Call to order and welcome visitors
- Approval of minutes dated June 18, 2019
- Presenter: Bryan W. Brooks, PhD, Distinguished Professor in the Department of Environmental Science and Institute of Biomedical Studies, and Director of Environmental Health Science at Baylor University in Waco. “Identifying Strategic Research Needs for Environmental Quality and Environmental Public Health Practitioners”
- Subcommittee reports:
- Harmful Algal Bloom workgroup meeting update
- Fish Sampling subcommittee meeting update
- Environmental Health and Toxicology workgroup update
- Agency updates on department policy and/or legislative issues:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Railroad Commission of Texas
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Public comments
- Review of upcoming meeting:
- December 17, 2019 - Modern Geosciences, 10:00 am; Room TBD - Kenneth Tramm
Contact: Chair: Heidi Bojes, email@example.com, or Evelyn Reátegui-Zirena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Tower Building, Room T-701, Austin, Texas 78756, Environmental Surveillance and Toxicology Branch, 800-588-1248 x6532.
Our mission is to protect and promote the health of the people of Texas through the prevention and control of adverse health effects related to toxic substances and harmful physical agents. This is accomplished through interagency coordination of regulation development, health risk assessments, cooperative studies, information dissemination, and public education efforts.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Evelyn G. Reátegui-Zirena, Department of State Health Services, at 512-776-6379 or email@example.com, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.