September 16, 2019 - 10:00am
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting. Please e-mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.
- Welcome/Call to Order/Introductions of members and staff.
- Approval of meeting minutes for the February 4, 2019 Texas School Health Advisory Committee (TSHAC) meeting.
- Presentation to the TSHAC by Dr. Hellerstedt, Commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Review of the Texas Open Meetings Act requirements for committee members.
- Revisions to the Health Education for All Texas Students, Kindergarten through 12th Grade.*
- Revisions to the Sample Resolution on Health Education for All Texas Students, Kindergarten through 12th Grade.*
- Discussion of TSHAC rule project (25 Texas Administrative Code §37.350).
- Updates from the Texas Education Agency, Texas Department of Agriculture, and Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Scheduling of the next TSHAC meeting and future meeting dates, including the next TSHAC meeting on November 4, 2019.*
- Future TSHAC agenda topics and priorities.
- Public comment.
*Denotes action items.
The committee may take any action on any agenda item.
Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Anita Wheeler at (512) 776-2909 or via email at SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, at 512‑776‑2780 or Anne.Mosher@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.