Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
September 13, 2019 - 3:00pm
Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun.
Pursuant to Section 30.07, Penal Code (trespass by license holder with an openly carried handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a handgun that is carried openly.
- Call to Order.
- Introduction of members, staff, and guests.
- Discussion and possible action concerning approval of minutes from the May 1, 2019 Board meeting.
- Nomination and voting of one professional member and one public member to serve as alternate on the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council.
- Discussion and possible action to elect one representative to the Texas Behavioral Health Incubation Task Force (TBHITF).
- Discussion and possible action to elect one representative as an alternate to the Texas Behavioral Health Incubation Task Force (TBHITF).
- Discussion and possible action, regarding final order in the following cases:
- Discussion and possible action regarding policy to determine substantial equivalency pursuant to Senate Bill 1200, 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019.
- Discussion and possible action for board policy regarding Criminal History Matrix.
- Discussion and possible action regarding petition of rules related to LPC-Interns ability to operate a private practice and bill insurance.
- Board Chair Report and Update concerning current challenges and accomplishments; interaction with stakeholders, state officials, and staff; committee appointments and functions; workload of board members; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the board.
- Executive Director’s Report concerning program operations; customer service accomplishments and challenges; current and/or historical licensee statistics; media, legislative, and stakeholder contacts and concerns; workload processing; special projects assigned to executive director; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the licensure program.
- Management Report and Update from the Health and Human Services Commission Professional Licensing and Certification Unit, including unit organization and staffing; program costs and revenue; current operational initiatives; customer service accomplishments and challenges; workload processing and statistical information; status of rulemaking within the unit; legislative and media contacts and tracking; and general information regarding the routine functioning of the unit.
- Discussion and possible action concerning Committee Reports.
A. Applications and Supervision Issues Committees Report regarding actions taken at the September 13, 2019, committee meeting.
B. Complaints Committee Report regarding actions taken at the September 13, 2019, committee meeting.
- Public comment.
- Set next board meeting date(s).
- Items for consideration for future committee and board meeting agendas.
- Announcements and comments not requiring board action, such as statements regarding conferences and other recent or upcoming events.
Contact: Cristina De Luna, Executive Director, at 512-834-6658 or email@example.com.
Discussion, deliberation, and action may be taken on any of the listed agenda items. The board may exercise its option to go into executive session on any agenda item in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapter D. An individual who wishes to speak on an issue that falls under the board's jurisdiction may be heard during the Public Comment agenda item. The Chair may establish and announce limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the board.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Georgia Norman at 512-231-5716 or Georgia.Norman@hhsc.state.tx.us, at least 96 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.