September 13, 2019 - 9:00am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission (HHSC) is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
- Call to Order, Welcome, Chair Remarks, Meeting Logistics and Roll Call - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair, Francesca Kupper, HHSC
- Approval of June 7, 2019 Meeting Minutes* - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
- Senate Bill 1312 Border Vector Study Update - Imelda Garcia, DSHS Laboratory and Infectious Disease Surveillance (LIDS) Leadership
- Update on assessment of laboratory capacity and testing - Imelda Garcia, DSHS
- Work Group Action Plan Updates - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair, Francesca Kupper, HHSC Task Force members will meet to discuss workplan potential for public health initiatives
- Maternal and Child Health Survey Update - Dr. Emilie Prot, Eddie Olivarez
-Operation Lone Star
-South Texas Adolescent Health Summit
- Discussion of November 1,2018 Report in relation to possible recommendations for November 1, 2020 Report - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
-Office of Border Public Health Program Updates - Dr. RJ Dutton, DSHS
--Expansion of Border Infectious Disease Surveillance (BIDS) - Dr. Allison Banicki, DSHS
--Binational Collaborations with Mexico - John Villarreal
--Community Health Worker/Promotores Conference Update - Claudia Bustos
- Public Comment - Francesca Kupper, HHSC
- Timelines, Next Steps, Announcements - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
- Adjourn and Thank you - Esmeralda Guajardo, Chair, Dr. Hector Gonzalez, Vice-chair
*Denotes possible action item
Contact: John Villarreal, at 737-229-0778 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Agenda items are subject to be taken out of order. Presenters may be substituted at the Chair/Vice Chair’s discretion.
The Task Force accepts public testimony at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Task Force must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Task Force observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact John Villarreal at 737-229-0778 or email@example.com, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.