July 12, 2019 - 10:30am
- Welcome and Introductions
- Committee Business Logistics
- Action: Review and approval of meeting minutes for April 29, 2019
- DSHS Commissioner Address
- Legislative updates
- Newborn Hearing Screening in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Subcommittee Reporting
- Pilot Study
- X-ALD Implementation Update
- Working Lunch: Newborn Screening for Biliary Atresia
- Critical Congenital Heart Disease (CCHD) Subcommittee Reporting
- NBS Consultants Fees Subcommittee Reporting
- Sickle Cell Subcommittee Reporting
- Texas Newborn Screening Panel Presentation – Current/Future Considerations
- Abnormal Congenital Hypothyroid Screens Presentation
- Future conditions status updates
- Public Comment
- Future agenda items
The committee may take action on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Aimee Millangue, Newborn Screening Unit, Department of State Health Services, 512‑776‑3386, Aimee.Millangue@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting. Members of the public who wish to speak during the Public Comment period must be physically present.
People with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, 512‑776‑2780, Anne.Mosher@dshs.texas.gov at least 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting. Please e‑mail Webcasting@hhsc.state.tx.us if you have any problems with the webcasting function.