April 15, 2019 - 11:30am
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and approve minutes from January 28, 2019, meeting
- Bylaws Committee members - Review and approve minutes from January 22, 2018; April 23, 2018; October 15, 2018; and January 28, 2019, meetings
- Committee business
- Education and Awareness Committee
- Services and Supports Committee
- Legislative and Policy Committee
- 86th Legislative Session overview - Danielle Lobsinger, Government Relations Specialist, Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC
- Legislation regarding brain injury - Will Dane, Public Affairs Manager, Brain Injury Association of America, Texas Division
- Office of Disability Prevention for Children (ODPC) program overview - Jay Smith, Project Manager, HHSC ODPC
- Office of Acquired Brain Injury program announcements
- Overview of March Brain Injury Awareness Month activities
- Highlights of March 20, 2019, Brain Injury Awareness Celebration
- Brain injury awareness and education activities
- Status of filling Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council (TBIAC) positions
- Brain Injury Conference
- Recognition of service to the TBIAC council members whose terms expired in December 2018
- Announcement of next meeting date - July 15, 2019
- Announcement of remaining 2019 and 2020 TBIAC meeting dates/li>
- Public comment
The Council may take action on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Carrie Bradford, Program Manager, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-206-5209, or Carrie.Bradford02@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bradford at 512-206-5209 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.