March 20, 2019 - 10:00am
- Welcome and call to order. (Danny Dawdy)
- Review and approval of the meeting minutes from the last meeting of the Youth Camp Advisory Committee (September 12, 2018). (Jeff Mantia)
- Department of State Health Services youth camp program update (Jeff Mantia)
Review of FY ’18 Youth Camp inspections, enforcement, and program initiatives for the 2019 season.
- Discussion of program policy for 2019 verification of staff sexual abuse and molestation awareness trainings and criminal background checks. (Jeff Mantia and Shannon Brown)
- Discussion of adopted rule revisions to Texas Administrative Code Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 265, Subchapter B (relating to Texas Youth Camps Safety and Health). (Jeff Mantia and Shannon Brown)
- Section 265.11(27), General Characteristics of a Youth Camp
- Section 265.15(d), Requirement to report incidents of abuse or neglect of a minor at a youth camp
- Update on application process for vacant Youth Camp Advisory board member positions. (Jeff Mantia)
- Texas Dermatological Society (Eric Woomer and Courtney Williamson)
Recommendations for use of sunscreen by participants at licensed youth camps.
- Public Comment
- Set next meeting date
The committee may take action on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jeff Mantia, R.S., Compliance Officer, Department of State Health Services, Public Sanitation and Retail Food Safety Group, 512-231-5753, Jeffrey.Mantia@dshs.texas.gov.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Mr. Mantia at 512-231-5753 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.