Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
February 28, 2019 - 10:00am
Moreton Building (DSHS Main Campus) – M-100
1100 W. 49th St.
Austin, TX 78756
- Chairman’s welcome and introductions
- Establish a quorum – Roll call and possible action to approve excused absences
- SHCC discussion and possible action to approve October 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Presentation – Understanding Drug Trends in Texas
- SHCC discussion of behavioral and mental health
- SHCC discussion of health care practice, including possible action to approve a council resolution supporting bills relating to the frequency and location of certain meetings required by a prescriptive authority agreement
- SHCC discussion of health care finance
- SHCC agency representatives’ reports
- Health and Human Services Commission – Jimmy Blanton, M.P.Aff. & Trina Ita, M.A.
- Texas Department of State Health Services –Kirk Cole
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board – Stacey Silverman, PhD
- Report on SHCC representation on the HHSC E-Health Advisory Committee
- Health Professions Resource Center and SHCC project director’s report
- Texas Center for Nursing Workforce Studies report
- Administrative items and next steps
- 2019 SHCC meeting dates: 2/28, 6/6, and 10/24
- Public comment and adjourn
Note: The Statewide Health Coordinating Council may act upon any agenda item.
For Additional Information Contact:
Matt Turner, PhD, MPH
PO Box 149347 MC 1898 Austin, TX 78756
Center for Health Statistics