February 22, 2019 - 10:00am
The State Child Fatality Review Team (SCFRT) Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Roll Call and Establishment of Quorum - Ada Booth, M.D., Chair and Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Policy and Rules, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Review & Approval of Meeting Minutes from the December 4th, 2018 Meeting – Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Policy and Rules, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Team spotlight: Harris County Child Fatality Review Team – Angie Hayes, Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas Violent Death Reporting System - Amy Bailey, State Child Fatality Review Coordinator & Dan Dao, Manager, Office of Injury Prevention
- Regional Data Presentation - Raquel Flores, Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology & Carol Harvey, State Adolescent Health Coordinator
- Relative: School Connection to Child Fatality Review - Kristi Elliott, Comal Independent School District
- Local team recommendations: overview of how to write recommendations - Amy Bailey, State Child Fatality Review Coordinator
- Public Comment – Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Policy and Rules, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
Next Meeting: May 17th, 2019, 10:00am
Location: 1100 W. 49th St, Austin, TX; Moreton Bldg RM M-100
Contact: Amy Bailey, Title V Maternal and Child Health, DSHS, 512/776-2311
The Committee accepts public comments at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Committee must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Committee observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
Texas Penal Code, Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code, Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.