February 4, 2019 - 10:00am
The Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Welcome/Call to Order.
- Introduction of members and staff.
- Approval of meeting minutes for the September 17, 2018 TSHAC meeting.*
- Revisions to the Recommendations for Expanding Physical Activity Opportunities Outside of the Classroom document.*
- Revisions to the Health Education for All Texas Students, Kindergarten through 12th Grade.*
- Revisions to the Sample Resolution on Health Education for All Texas Students, Kindergarten through 12th Grade.*
- Revisions to the Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Resources Toolkit.*
- Discussion of TSHAC rule project (25 Texas Administrative Code §37.350).*
- Updates from the Texas Education Agency, Texas Department of Agriculture, and Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Updates to the TSHAC Document Revision Schedule.*
- Possible agenda topics for local school health advisory council meetings.*
- Scheduling of the next TSHAC meeting and future TSHAC meeting dates.*
- Future TSHAC agenda topics and priorities.
- Public comment.
*Denotes action items.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
Members of the public who wish to speak during the Public Comment period must be physically present. The Chair may establish and announce limitations on speakers, including time limits and when speakers may address the Committee.
For additional information about the meeting, contact the School Health Program at (512) 776-7279 or via email at SchoolHealth@dshs.texas.gov. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, telephone (512) 776-2780, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.