January 24, 2019 - 10:00am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission (HHSC) is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Introductions and welcome
- Introduction of new Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) leadership
- Review and adoption of October 25, 2018, meeting minutes (Vote required)
- Overview of HHSC action regarding managed care forum
- Conflict of interest presentation
- Review and approve committee bylaws (Vote required)
- Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) carve-in evaluation
- Potential managed care pilot/demonstration
- Legislative Appropriations Request process and HHSC IDD-related exceptional item requests
- Public comment
- HHSC agency liaison committees
- STAR Kids
- Promoting Independence Workgroup
- IDD System Improvement Workgroup
- Texas Council on Consumer Direction
- IDD SRAC subcommittees
- System adequacy
- Transition to managed care
- Day habilitation and employment services
- Next steps for establishing evaluation and assessment workgroups
- Agenda items for April 25, 2019, meeting
- Adjourn and thank you
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Michelle Thomas, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program Services Department, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-867-8747, or Michelle.Thomas@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Thomas at 512-867-8747 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.