January 17, 2019 - 9:30am
This training will include a review of relevant ethics legal and policy provisions on four key areas:
- Political Activity in the Workplace
- Acceptance of Benefits - Widely Attended Gatherings
- Release of Agency Information
- Post-State Employment Restrictions
HHS Ethics Officers will discuss:
- The ethics provisions applicable to HHS employees.
- Identify key legal issues to be addressed.
- Provide a legal analysis based on proposed scenarios involving each area.
- Discuss effective strategies for ethics management and compliance when assessing questions on each of these topics.
The course has been approved for 1.0 hour of continuing education credit in ethics for licensed social workers, licensed professional counselors, psychologists, and chemical dependency counselors. Employees who attend will receive up to 1.5 standard continuing education hours (CEH) applicable toward Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification and/or HHS-required training. The program has also been approved for 1.0 continuing legal education (CLE) credit.
- In order to receive credit, attendees must attend in person, arrive on time, sign-in and remain for the entire session.
- Purchasing and Contracting employees must register to receive the CTCM credit (others do not need to register to attend). The registration link for PCS employees is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/1-17Ethics
This event will be webcast. Select the Brown-Heatly Live tab on the Live and Archived Meetings webpage. Webcast attendees will not receive credit.