January 15, 2019 - 9:00am
- Call to Order - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Roll Call - John Chacon
- Logistics Announcements - John Chacon
- Welcome and Introductions - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Approval of Minutes from October 18th Meeting* - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Program Staffing Update - Johnathan Ledbetter
- Open Records Request - Rashandra Hayes
- Legislative Report Draft Review* - Jennifer Vinyard & Candace Campbell
- Antibiotic Stewardship Program and Activities - Dr. Michael Fischer
- Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) Validation Findings and Surveillance Challenges - Kelley Boston, Lynda Watkins, Jennifer Vinyard
- Healthcare-Associated Infections - Jennifer Vinyard
- Data Use Agreement
- Reporting Update
- Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) Does not Equal Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC): A Brief Overview of Carbapenem Resistance - Dr. William Musick
- HAI Investigation Team
- Targeted Assessment for Prevention (TAP) Reports - Melba Zambrano
- Antibiotic Resistance Laboratory Network (ARLN) Update - Thi Dang
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Epi-Aid Investigation - Gillian Blackwell
- CDC Hurricane Crisis Cooperative Agreement - Gretchen Rodriguez
- Regional HAI Updates - Regional HAI Epidemiologists
- Public Comment(s) - John Chacon
*Denotes possible action items
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
The Committee accepts public comment at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Committee must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Committee observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments.
For additional information about the meeting, contact Johnathan Ledbetter, 1100 W. 49th Street, Mail Code 1960, Austin, Texas 78754, 512-776-6223, or at HAITEXAS@dshs.texas.gov. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, telephone (512) 776-2780, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
This meeting is intended to be webcast. To access the webcast, please refer to the Texas Health and Human Services website at https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings on the day and time of the meeting and click on the “Moreton M-100 Live” blue tab.