Texans can dial 2-1-1 (option 6) for information on COVID-19 and local community resources on health care, utilities, food, housing and more. More COVID-19 information.
October 2, 2018 - 10:00am
- Welcome and introductions
- 2018 legislative recommendations and report
- Recommendation 1: Adopt a Statutory Supportive Palliative Care Definition
- Recommendation 2: Prioritize Advance Care Planning
- Recommendation 3: Expand Palliative Care Workforce
- Recommendation 4: Incentivize Supportive Palliative Care Programs
- Recommendation 5: Establish a statewide Palliative Care Dashboard
- Recommendation 6: Seek a Balanced Response to the Opioid Crisis
- Next steps for the 2018 legislative report
- Palliative care continuing education event
- Action items for staff or member follow-up
- Public comment
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Jimmy Blanton, Director, Health Quality Institute, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-380-4372, firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who wish to submit written testimony for public comment may do so either by hard copy or electronically. The address for hardcopy submission is: Jimmy Blanton, 6330 East Highway 290, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78723. The address for electronic submission is: email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Blanton at 512-380-4372 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.