August 14, 2018 - 10:00am
The State Child Fatality Review Team (SCFRT) Committee will meet to discuss and possibly act on the following agenda:
- Roll Call and Establishment of Quorum
- Review & Approval of Meeting Minutes from the May 21st, 2018 Meeting
- Open Meetings Act Training – Kim Oltrogge, Texas Health and Human Services Commission Legal
- Vote on SCFRT Co-chair position – Full team
- Texas Department of State Health Services updates
- Child Health update – Ramah Leith
- Adolescent Health update – Carol Harvey
- Child Fatality Review Data update – Raquel Flores and Amy Bailey
- Information about Partners in Prevention Conference – September 25-27, 2018
- Local child fatality review team – question and answer period
- Public Comment
Next Meeting: TBD, 10:00am-2:00pm
Location: 1100 W. 49th St, Austin, TX; Moreton Bldg RM M-100
Contact: Amy Bailey, Title V Maternal and Child Health, DSHS, 512-776-2311
The Committee accepts public testimony at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Committee must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Committee observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
Texas Penal Code, Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter.
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code, Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.