August 1, 2018 - 9:00am
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome, opening remarks, and introductions:
- Dr. Michèle Saunders, Chair
- Enrique Marquez, Health and Human Services (HHS) Chief Program and Support Officer for Medical and Social Services
- Review and approve May 2, 2018, meeting minutes
- Special Topics
- HHS Health and Specialty Care System: Mike Maples, Deputy Executive Commissioner
- Hurricane Harvey lessons learned: Tammy Mermelstein, Care for Elders Director, Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center of Houston
- Division Reports
- Quality Monitoring Program: Jennifer Carrillo, Manager of Program Development and Innovation
- Money Follows the Person/Managed Care: Elizabeth Jones, Senior Policy Advisor
- Office of the State Long-term Care Ombudsman: Patty Ducayet, State Long-term Care Ombudsman
- Community Access Section, Office of Area Agencies on Aging and Office of Aging Disability Resource Center: Elisa Hendriks, Deputy Associate Commissioner
- Aging Services Coordination: Holly Riley, Manager
- Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee workgroup operations on S.B. 1693, 85th Legislature, Regular Session, 2017: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- Public comment
- Wrap-up: Dr. Saunders, Chair
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Holly Riley, Manager, Aging Services Coordination, 512-438-4293, Holly.Riley@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bill Macdonald, Administrative Assistant, 512-438-4157 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.