July 19, 2018 - 9:00am
- Call to Order - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Roll Call - Beth Rider
- Logistics Announcements - Beth Rider
- Welcome and Introductions - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Approval of Minutes from April 5th Meeting* - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Review and Adoption of Proposed Bylaws* - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Program Staffing Update - Shawn Tupy
- Preventable Adverse Events (PAEs) Reporting - Vickie Gillespie
- 2018 PAEs Preliminary Report
- National Quality Forum (NQF) Serious Reportable Events (SRE’s)
- Healthcare Safety Conference 2018 - Vickie Gillespie
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs) Reporting and Auditing - Candace Campbell
- HAI Investigation Team
- 2017 Multidrug-Resistant Organism Report - Bobbiejean Garcia
- Antibiotic Resistance Laboratory Network Update - Thi Dang
- Antibiotic Stewardship Program and Activities - Dr. Michael Fischer
- Position Statement on Candida auris Being Nationally Notifiable -Implications for Texas* - Shawn Tupy
- Drug Resistant Organism (XDRO) Registry - Dr. Ed Septimus
- New Vital Signs - Dr. Ed Septimus
- Legislative Report Draft Review - Shawn Tupy & Candace Campbell
- Public Comment(s) - Beth Rider
*Denotes possible action items
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting. Agenda items may be taken in any order at the discretion of the Chair.
The Committee accepts public comment at meetings. Persons wishing to address the Committee must complete a registration form at the reception desk before the start of the meeting. The Committee observes a three-minute time limit per speaker on public comments.
For additional information about the meeting, contact Shawn Tupy, 1100 W. 49th Street, Mail Code 1960, Austin, Texas 78754, 512-776-7676, or at HAITEXAS@dshs.texas.gov. Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and require auxiliary aids or services are asked to contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, telephone (512) 776-2780, 72 hours prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
This meeting is intended to be webcast. To access the webcast, please refer to the Texas Health and Human Services website at https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings on the day and time of the meeting and click on the “Moreton M-100 Live” blue tab.