March 16, 2018 - 10:00am
- Call to order
- Adoption of Board for Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) Advisory Committee Bylaws
- Membership terms
- Health and Human Services leadership update
- Adoption of minutes from the December 8, 2017, meeting
- Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Director report
- Disciplinary actions relating to BEI certified interpreters
- Motions for proposed disciplinary actions relating to BEI certified interpreters
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Angela Bryant, BEI Program Administrator, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-407-3269, email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bryant at 512-407-3269 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.
The Health and Human Services Commission BEI Advisory Board, a purely advisory body, complies with the Open Meetings Act. In accordance with the Act, the Board may enter into closed Executive Session for discussion and consideration of items posted on this agenda notice which involve: (a) pending or contemplated litigation matters or settlement offers requiring consultation with or advice from the Board's attorney, pursuant to Texas Government Code §551.071(1); (b) a matter in which the duty of the Board's attorney to the Board under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, pursuant to Texas Government Code §551.071(2); (c) a negotiated contract for a prospective gift or donation to the State or to the Board, pursuant to Texas Government Code §551.073; or (d) other matters as permitted pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code.
The Board will reconvene following Executive Session for discussion of items considered in closed session and to take any final actions or vote on such matters in accordance with Texas Government Code §551.102.
- Matters relating to recommendations on possible disciplinary actions and settlement of disciplinary actions relating to BEI certified interpreters.
- Any other matter discussed on the agenda. If, during the discussion of any agenda item, a matter is raised that is appropriate for discussion in executive session the Board may, as permitted by law, adjourn into executive session to deliberate on the matter.