February 9, 2018 - 9:00am
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.
- Welcome and logistical announcement
- Introductions and opening remarks
- Charge, roles, committee overview, structure, and deliverables
- Review Open Meetings Act
- Review of Bylaws
- Presentation: Dr. Villareal-Watkins, Executive Director, Bill Blackwood Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas, Sam Houston University
- Presentation: Amy Lee, Special Advisor to the Commissioner of Workers’ Compensation, Texas Department of Insurance
- Logistics for future meetings, officers and subcommittee structures, frequency of meetings
- Subcommittee break out session
- Public comment
- Planning for next meeting and action items
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Novella Evans, Senior Behavioral Health Policy Analyst, Office of Mental Health Coordination, 512-380-4315, or MH-Access-First-Respnders@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Evans at 512-380-4315 or MH-Access-First-Responders@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.