February 9, 2018 - 1:00pm
- Call to order
- Roll call
Motion to accept excused absences.
- Approval of minutes
August 18, 2017
- Approval of meeting dates for 2018
- Friday, May 4, 2018
- Friday, August 17, 2018
- Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Discussion and approval of recommendations for the 86th Regular Legislative Session
- Presentations, reports and updates
- National Stoke Association
- Comments from the Chair
- Legislative updates
- HMO Recognition Program
- State agency updates
- Department of State Health Services
- Texas Workforce Commission, Rehabilitation Services Division
- Standing reports
- Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke Partnership report
- Heart Disease and Stroke Program Update
- Heart Attack and Stroke Data Collection Initiative (Rider 13)
- Governor’s EMS and Trauma Advisory Council Cardiac Care update
- Lone Star Stroke update
- Chronic Care Subcommittee update
- Discussion and action concerning any of the above items
- Public comment
Information may be obtained from Nancy Eichner, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, Texas 78756, (512) 776-3684, Nancy.Eichner@dshs.texas.gov.
Texas Penal Code Section 46.035(c) states: "A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Texas Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, in the room or rooms where a meeting of a governmental entity is held and if the meeting is an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the entity provided notice as required by that chapter."
Please note that this governmental meeting is, in the opinion of counsel representing the Health and Human Services Commission, an open meeting subject to Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, and the Health and the Human Services Commission is providing notice of this meeting as required by Chapter 551. In addition, please note that the written communication required by Texas Penal Code Sections 30.06 and 30.07, prohibiting both concealed and open carry of handguns by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 licensees, will be posted at the entrances to this governmental meeting.