January 31, 2018 - 9:00am
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome and opening remarks: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- Review and approve November 1, 2017, meeting minutes
- Special topic: Age Friendly Cities: Dr. Laura Keyes, University of North Texas
- Division reports
- Quality Monitoring Program: Jennifer Carrillo, Nurse IV
- Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program: Kate Layman, Senior Policy Advisor
- State Long-term Care Ombudsman: Patty Ducayet, Manager
- State Operated Facilities: Joy Borjes, Senior Advisor
- Access and Eligibility Services
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers, Community Access and Grants: Debbie Hall, Grant Coordinator
- Area Agencies on Aging: Sue Fielder, Director
- Aging Services Coordination: Holly Riley, Manager
- Ex-officio agency reports
- Department of Family and Protective Services: Dirk Sheridan, Community Engagement Lead for Adult Protective Services
- Texas Workforce Commission: Tim Spong, Older Individuals Who Are Blind Program Specialist
- Department of State Health Services: Lynda Taylor, Alzheimer’s Disease Program Coordinator
- Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee (ATWAC) updates and operations
- Updates on member vacancies: Cody Rothschild, ATWAC Liaison
- S.B. 1693, 85th Legislature, Regular Session, 2017, workgroup updates and timeline planning: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- Roundtable: ATWAC member updates on relevant news from entities represented on ATWAC
- Public comment
- Wrap-up and next steps
Public comment may be taken on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Cody Rothschild, Age Well Live Well Coordinator, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-438-4641, email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bill Macdonald, Administrative Assistant, 512-438-4157 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.