November 1, 2017 - 9:00am
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome and opening remarks; Introduction of new committee members: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- Review and approve August 2, 2017, meeting minutes
- Special topics
- Alternatives to Guardianship: Jeff Miller, Disability Rights Texas
- Elder Abuse Suspicion Index Screening Tool: Debbie Billa, WellMed Charitable Foundation
- Division reports
- Quality Monitoring Program: Jennifer Carrillo, Nurse IV
- STAR+PLUS: Amanda Dillon, Program Specialist
- Access and Eligibility Services
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers, Community Access and Grants: Nicole Hawk, Grant Coordinator
- Area Agencies on Aging: Heather Blackwell, Manager
- Aging Services Coordination: Holly Riley, Manager
- Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee (ATWAC) updates and operations
- Membership needs: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- S.B. 1693, 85th Legislature, Regular Session, 2017, workgroup roles: Dr. Michèle Saunders, Committee Chair
- Issue brief updates
- ATWAC issue briefs: Cody Rothschild, ATWAC Liaison
- Intern report on housing issue brief: Alberto Guzman, ATW Intern
- Roundtable: ATWAC member updates on relevant news from entities represented on ATWAC
- Wrap-up and next steps
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Cody Rothschild, Age Well Live Well Coordinator, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-438-4641, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bill Macdonald, Administrative Assistant, 512-438-4157 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.