October 12, 2017 - 11:30am
1100 Congress Ave., South Steps
Austin, TX 78701
To get involved: Email Iris.Martinez@hhsc.state.tx.us with your information and how you would like to participate.
How can you get involved in your community?
- Designate a red ribbon coordinator and form a committee of adults and youth to organize a Red Ribbon Week with other in your community.
- Include alcohol, tobacco, marijuana or prescription drug information in school curricula during Red Ribbon Week.
- Use the Healthy Choices classroom lesson plans, specifically written for Texas’ Red Ribbon Week.
- Incorporate a drug education component in school orientation sessions for new students.
- Plan essay, poster or other competitions.
- Sponsor a “Wear a Red Day.”
- Sponsor a Red Ribbon Day rally or assembly with speakers and other festivities.
- Invite parents to a drug education program or send information home to parents about how to talk to their children about drugs and identify drug use. Visit the Parents page for tips.
- Feature drug information in publications and on your organization or school website.